Welcome To TutsMap, Your One-stop Portal For Anything Tutorial

TutsMap is a Tutorial inspired blog which aims at giving solutions to everyday phone and laptop issues as well as helping to increase the technological know how of our ever-growing readers

Monday 3 July 2017

3 ways to track and find your stolen android cell phone

Given how fundamental a modern day cell phone can be for somebody who invests a lot of time on the web, could losing or breaking one deliver a mental response that is basically a type of anguish?

Before, I've frequently laughed at individuals who appear to live totally through their cell phone. I have openly taunted the individuals who line during that time to get the most recent phones . I have pompously feigned exacerbation at individuals who always check their telephones for updates and notifications in social circumstances. I have communicated dissatisfaction about individuals who can't appear to do anything in any setting without taking and posting a photo of themselves doing it. I have energetically concurred with individuals chiding the individuals who fanatically film any live occasion they're at, as opposed to watching the damn thing. I am one of those individuals who sees his telephone as a useful gadget, nothing more.

Or, then again so I thought.

Until my phone was stolen, I was walking down a market after getting some foodstuffs, suddenly, I was hit by a man, when I queried him on why he hit me, he said he was looking for a tiny thing that fell on the floor and that if I had stepped on that particular place, I would have further made it more difficult to find, I ignorantly asked him with all sincererity, how it looked like so I can help him find it, but to my surprise, he just stood up, and started walking fast, I began wondering what was wrong with him, until I put my hands inside my pockets and couldn't find my phone, oh well, now I know what is wrong with him, lol.

I turned back but couldn't find the man, then it dawned on me that my phone has just been stolen, I didn't know how but it was stolen by the man I was willing to help, I felt really bad, this was a phone I bought some days after it's launch, it was quite expensive, but that was back in 2012 tho, that was when I had my first gadget related heartbreak,i wasn't smart enough to activate any of the info I am willing to give you below, I guess my story thought me a lesson as I now activate it in all my devices now, so let's get down to business on how to track a lost or stolen cell phone.

Losing your Phone can be an exceptionally difficult experience, particularly when it conveys a ton of delicate data inside. What's more, practically everybody, who uses a cell phone uses it getting on internet and installing applications from Play Store. Which implies, you need to sign in into the Play Store application. Also, that is all we need to Find Your Lost or Stolen Android Phone .

We'll be looking at the inbuilt functionalities of android and other third party applications. I trust these strategies will certainly help you in finding your gadget.

Lets take a look at them

#1. Where's My Droid :

As I have a propensity for losing my telephone under my Bed, pocket of my jeans and so on. What's more, the most noticeably bad part is that it is on Silent or Vibration mode. Presently, notwithstanding when I call it from some other telephone, it appears to be extremely hard to hear anything from anywhere.

In this way, I generally have Where's My Droid application installed on my telephone. The fundamental preferred standpoint of this application is that you just need to send a secret text message to your telephone . Whenever your telephone gets the message, it will play the ring sound at Max. volume and continues playing until you discover your telephone.

Steps to Setup Where's My Droid:

1. Goto Play Store of your Device.

2. Download the where's My Droid Application.

3. Open the Where's My Droid application and open Settings .

4. Open Secret Message, and setup you Secret Message for finding the gadget.

5. Change different settings, in the event that you need to.

6. Save and Close the application.

Note: You have to, above all else, set that secret message. At whatever point you'll install this application. Scroll through the Setting menu of the application for additional information. This application appears to be exceptionally valuable for those thoughtless folks like me, who keeps their telephone anywhere in the House.

#2. Android Device Manager


At the point when your phone is truly stolen by somebody and it contains sensitive data. In this way, You have to setup Android Device Manager for tracking your lost gadget.

Steps to Enable Your Android device Manager :

Android Device Manager is an as a matter of fact, a default application in your android cell phone, and to make it active. You have to take after the following steps.

1. You simply need to go into Device Settings .

2. Open Security.

3. Enable the Android device manager settings. Tick "Remotely Locate This Device " choices and you're sheltered.

4. This little setup will make your Life much easier.

#3. Utilizing Android Device Manager from Desktop :

Subsequent to loosing your phone you can do following strides, keeping in mind the end goal to find your phone remotely.

1. Simply go to Android Device Manager .

2. Sign in with your Google account. You may get a prompt asking you for authorization to permit Android Device Manager to use location data.

3. Tap on the "Accept" button to proceed.

4. There are different choices, Choose Your Desired one like, Location, Lock, Erase Data, wipe Phone etc.

5. Select your choice to continue.

6. Take after the guidelines, and you'll find your device.

Finding your Android phone is much easier now, if only I was wise enough to do this on my phone earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear reader, what do you have to say about this article?